Dillon Anderson is an award-winning professional photographer from the far-flung island of New Zealand. He photographs a vast array of photographic subjects using a striking and bold style.
The seed of the exploration was sewn early, as Dillon grew up in the countryside amongst a family keen to explore it and the world. All things came to fruition for him when he found photography at age 16. The camera provided a tool, as the pickaxe is for a miner, and his photographs represent his jewels or discoveries. This path led Dillon to complete an Honours Degree in photographic design from Massey University, before moving overseas, learning Spanish and living with the native Kichwa people in the Amazon Rainforest. He now photographs for the New Zealand Air Force and also continues to more deeply explore the world with the camera.
Dillon’s images have won him national and international awards, including New Zealand Geographic’ Photographer of the Year Wildlife Category winner 2010, and Wildlife Photo’s 2016 competition where he took out the overall title and the Wildlife Portraits category. His work has been displayed at the two largest museums in New Zealand, as well as in New York and London.
See his latest photography and news through his Facebook “Dillon Anderson Photography” or Instagram “DillonAndersonPhoto".
• Monochrome Awards - Wildlife Photographer of the Year
• Wildlife Photo – Overall Winner and Winner of Wildlife Portraits category
• International Photographer of the Year (IPOTY) Wildlife category winner
• Zoological Society of London Animal Photography Prize Exhibition, Highly Commended.
• PSNZ National Exhibition Winner of Ronald D Woolf Youth Award (best print by an under twenty-five year old)
• New Zealand Geographic Winner of Wildlife Category.
• Department of Conservation International Year of Biodiversity Photographic Competition Winner of Land and Sky category and Runner Up Overall